Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pondering...

So this is my first blog ever....I do, however, journal quite frequently. Now I'm just making it digital. One of the reasons I've decided to do this is because I currently have no life while I am transitioning between worlds right now. It's funny how you go to college and get a whole new life and then come back home and realize that you don't have as many friends there as you did in high school and then your family goes to bed real early and you find yourself alone with the world wide web. Which may be one reason facebook and youtube have taken a lot of my time lately...sad I know. Pathetic even. Don't worry I'm getting ready to redeem myself. I'm not a loser I promise.

Out of this alone time has also come much thinking, pondering you could say. I realized on Saturday that in one year I will be in the real world. No more listing "student" as my occupation. That is all I've ever known and soon I will have to figure out what to do with myself. Which is scary and exciting at the same time. It's not as scary as it could be, knowing that I have the ultimate Author writing my story. And at the rate my story has been going so far, it's gonna be pretty interesting.

I've been spending a lot of time with my Author. Telling Him of all the things I'm dreaming to be in my story. There are so many things you see...and I have no idea how some of them will work out, but I trust Him. I just know I can't wait to see what happens. I want to be taken on an adventure, I want to live my life the way I was created to-to the fullest with my Redeemer, Jesus, at my side every step of the way. So I decided to give Him all the dreams he gave me back. You see God is the dream giver and the dream taker. He gives us the dreams and then sometimes takes them away to mature us for the dream or to mature the dream in us. So I have no idea how it is going to turn out but I do know that I can't wait. You see I don't want to settle for some story you would find in the back of a used book store, I want mine to be a bestseller. I'm a dreamer and God has given me some big dreams, some that He might change. But my prayer is that as I go through life I will be consumed in His glory- whatever I end up doing. After all that's why we're here isn't it? I was made for Him and Him alone. Once that concept is grasped, it is the most freeing thing.

"It's a safe thing to trust Him to fufill the desire He creates." - Amy Carmichael

3 comments:

Jeran said...

Love the new post...you are such a blogger already...look at you, "hisstory-teller." Catchy...
Well, I'm in the KC airport. I was thinking in the shower this morning...there's no going back now.

I'm excited for my story and yours! I am so glad God has blessed me with such a funny, beautiful, strong Christian friend. God has an awesome story for you! Seek Him each day and don't settle for anything less!

Oh, and please leave comments on my blog too : )

Keisha Rae said...

Hey girl,
Love the blog, glad you got on the blogging train..it helps when your stuck at home in a small town with nothing to do.
Can't wait to keep reading!!

danielle said...

awesome lauren! love your blog! i'm so proud of you and i'm so excited to be living near you again! it's going to be an incredible year!